- Sew this curtain for the kitchen window (only had the fabric/ribbons sitting around for, ya know, 2 months)
Go see Avenger II (!!)
- Draw one of these (my chalkboard wall needs a little love)
Be in my dear friends wedding
- Take as many walks as possible
Hair needs a little refresh: cut long layers following my fav tutorial
- Finish reading “All the Money in the World” by Laura Vanderkam
- Finish reading “Steal Like an Artist” by Austin Kleon
Continue testing out the cocovit coconut oil Be barefoot. Often.
- Go to the gym 2+ per week (starting small, y’all, but I’m trying)
- Read a manual/figure out my Lomography camera
Refresh my hair by cutting some long layers
- Try a variation of these no-bake breakfast bars
- Prepare pictures for my next round of Project Life printing
- Print said pictures
Plan out/buy some plants that would work for garden gaps Go on a picnic
- Take kitties out on walks
- Journal every other night (this used to come easy…)
I remember how I entered into the land of YouTube and discovered that it was more than music videos. I was sitting in the car, feet on the dashboard, windows rolled down, waiting for my husband to come out of Kroger from a quick grocery run.
My mascara was dead and I needed to purchase a new one but doing so had always felt like such a shot in the dark. So, for no apparent reason, I typed something about mascaras (don’t remember what) into YouTube and I stumbled across this video which I thought was adorable and quite entertaining (p.s. yes, I started watching Nikki Phillippi pre-blonde hair ;)) and I fell in love with a world that loved talking about beauty. skincare and lifestyle.
Here are six YouTubers who have been at the top of my favorites list for a long time:
This morning I noticed my bottle was nearing empty. It’s my second bottle, been using this same SPF moisturizer for a year now -and that shows true commitment on my end. Loyalty to products isn’t my strong suit – I like to roam 😉 Therefore, with a year under my belt, I think it’s time to share my thoughts. Continue reading
Perhaps I should start with: my relationship with makeup is in the love/hate category.
I thoroughly enjoy how a brush-blend of blush can liven up the entire face, or how mascara can give an alluring definition to my eyes. But oh, how I dislike fighting with my eyeliner, or fastidiously getting the correct coverage of concealer, or “did I blend this eye shadow too high/not high enough??” And most of the time I can’t be bothered to reapply my lip color <makeup enthusiasts everywhere gasp> 😉
This post is brought to you by my mild (definition: mild, a word used to cloak what is, in actuality, something of massive proportions) sudden ginger obsession. I mean, I’ve always been okay with ginger. It’s there. It’s nice in some things. But lately I haven’t been able to get enough of its zingy-ness! And that’s okay, because ginger has some great health benefits: Continue reading