mouth: this Warm Summer Fruit Salad is a visual feast.
feet: get your doormat ready for summer with this DIY which involves watermelons
hands: drink with two hands.
heart: brings tears to my eyes literally every time I watch this
eyes: how to photograph writing with sparklers
being: I really want try the 30 day minimalism challenge – who’s with me?
skin: self tan with tea?
wrist: a summer-y DIY rope bracelet
hair: quick knotted updo, perfect for a summer picnic by the lake
Why I love this breakfast, it’s:
- a all-in-one-bowl recipe, easy clean up
- QUICK to prep and “hands off” just throw it in the oven and do something else
- nutritional (you can make it with as much or little sweetener as you want, and switch out the maple syrup for a sweetener of your choice)
- EASY to make DAIRY FREE by substituting cows milk for almond milk. I actually think the subtle, sweet, nuttiness the almond milk adds is a bonus to this dish.
- GLUTEN FREE if you use gluten-free oats
- a great “base” recipe, let your imagination expound upon it! Add a mashed banana to the mix? Cocao nibs sprinkled on top? Add chia seeds and flax seed to the batter?
- breakfast for DAYS if you make a double batch
- great reheated (yay!)
- easy to keep it diverse by adding all sorts of toppings and fresh in season fruit you want to keep it diverse