Why I love this breakfast, it’s:
- a all-in-one-bowl recipe, easy clean up
- QUICK to prep and “hands off” just throw it in the oven and do something else
- nutritional (you can make it with as much or little sweetener as you want, and switch out the maple syrup for a sweetener of your choice)
- EASY to make DAIRY FREE by substituting cows milk for almond milk. I actually think the subtle, sweet, nuttiness the almond milk adds is a bonus to this dish.
- GLUTEN FREE if you use gluten-free oats
- a great “base” recipe, let your imagination expound upon it! Add a mashed banana to the mix? Cocao nibs sprinkled on top? Add chia seeds and flax seed to the batter?
- breakfast for DAYS if you make a double batch
- great reheated (yay!)
- easy to keep it diverse by adding all sorts of toppings and fresh in season fruit you want to keep it diverse
measurements given are for a 8 x 8 in pan, measurements in parenthesis are for a 7 x 11 in pan, double the 8×8 in measurements for a 9 x 13 pan
grease pan with spray oil
Mix: 2 eggs (3)
1/3 C. oil (1/2 C.)
1 C. milk (1 ½)
½ C pure maple syrup (3/4)
Add: 2 cups oats (3 cups)
1 ½ tsp. baking powder (2 l/4 teasp.)
1 teaspoon cinnamon ( 1 ½ tsp)
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes uncovered.
My notes: I reheat mine in the toaster oven, I love to add blue berries right into the bowl to warm up with it. SO GOOD. They get all melty, juicy pops of tart sweetness in your mouth.
Click Picture Below for Printable PDF