Why I love this breakfast, it’s:
- a all-in-one-bowl recipe, easy clean up
- QUICK to prep and “hands off” just throw it in the oven and do something else
- nutritional (you can make it with as much or little sweetener as you want, and switch out the maple syrup for a sweetener of your choice)
- EASY to make DAIRY FREE by substituting cows milk for almond milk. I actually think the subtle, sweet, nuttiness the almond milk adds is a bonus to this dish.
- GLUTEN FREE if you use gluten-free oats
- a great “base” recipe, let your imagination expound upon it! Add a mashed banana to the mix? Cocao nibs sprinkled on top? Add chia seeds and flax seed to the batter?
- breakfast for DAYS if you make a double batch
- great reheated (yay!)
- easy to keep it diverse by adding all sorts of toppings and fresh in season fruit you want to keep it diverse
This post is brought to you by my mild (definition: mild, a word used to cloak what is, in actuality, something of massive proportions) sudden ginger obsession. I mean, I’ve always been okay with ginger. It’s there. It’s nice in some things. But lately I haven’t been able to get enough of its zingy-ness! And that’s okay, because ginger has some great health benefits: Continue reading
The brown bananas had been staring at me for days and after a particularly long work day, I decided what the Olexa household needed was some warm, sumptuous banana bread. However, there were two things to combat: 1) I can’t use butter (my system & dairy do NOT get along) and 2) bananas are okay (meh, their star quality -in my opinion- is the moistness/sweetness they provide) but for my taste buds to be truly jumping for joy something more needed to be going on. Continue reading
I think this recipe is in my life to stay. It is THREE ingredients, yes, three. It’s a nutrient-dense alternative to conventional jams which are often loaded with refined sugars, high fructose corn syrup, even dyes. And, did I mention that it’s simple? 🙂 (Side note: In fact, I think this would be a great activity/recipe to make with kids). Continue reading
A luxurious winter morning to myself. What shall I endeavor?
1) Cuddles with kitties in bed, snuggled under piles of blankets. Play a few rounds on my phone of Trivia Crack with my brothers and feel really good about myself that I know who invented bifocals and who wrote Ivan Hoe. Continue reading